Building a website is an important part of any business’s cycle of life and you should be able to enjoy the process. When it comes to competing online, nothing can be more important than the first impression and having a team with experience can either make or break your online presence. It’s your online lobby.
I’m a top rated web designer and have heard the horror stories. This is an important part of your business and I wan’t you to enjoy the experience of building a website.
Here’s some things to look out for when hiring a web developer:
1. Make sure to read their testimonials. ie: list of references, LinkedIn recommendations
2. Make sure to read their online reviews. ie: yelp, google business
3. Make sure they take the time to listen to your needs, don’t speak too fast or bulldoze through the conversation.
4. Make sure to review their portfolio and it matches your taste and they have a strong command of the English language.
5. Show don’t tell. They should show their professionalism and expertise through emails, screen shares, demos, follow ups and marketing.
6. The should send you a form to document your job requirements usually before the proposal process.
7. Their payment terms should be 50% up front and 50% upon completion. Never 100% up front.
There’s a ton more, from conversion best practices to SEO but we’ll save that for another time. I hope this helps you on your journey.
If you have any questions or want to chat, click the button below to schedule a 30 minute screen share session or a simple call to answer questions.